Finest quality pure red sable from selected marten tails create a range of superb sable brushes with a natural spring and generous color holding capacity. Renaissance brushes come to a fine point or sharp chisel edge that resists splitting. The professionals' choice in a wide variety of sizes and shapes for oils, acrylics or watercolors. Select sable hair is carefully hand cupped, individually tied into bundles, then set by experienced brush makers in seamless gold plated ferrules. Carefully balanced, gloss black hardwood handles are fitted for the finest quality sable brushes.
- Brights: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Fans: Brush fibers are spread out making it useful for subtle blending and for textural effects.
- Cat's Tongue/Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Flats: Longer hairs than a bright, this brush has more flex and a large color carrying capability.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.