The revolutionary NEW synthetic with the control and feel of interlocked bristle, and more durable than natural hair. Ruby Satin offers a vast selection for artists working in every medium. Use Ruby Satin on rugged textured surfaces. Paint with confidence on wood, canvas, or tough fabrics like sweats, jeans or heavy cotton. With precise snap and fine control, Ruby Satin replaces more expensive natural hair. Ruby Satin offers superb color control with heavy body, tube, or jar acrylics, oils, gouache, encaustic or casein. Perfect for blending, double loading, layering and stroke work. Silver tipped, deep green polished handles, are sealed and set in seamless nickeled brass ferrules.
- Angular Brights: Used for tight shading and curved strokes.
- Bright: Length and width of brush is generally squared. Similar to flats, but shorter hairs make a stiffer brush.
- Dagger/Strippers: Long chisel edge for easy, fine lines. Vary pressure for thick-to-thin ribbon effect.
- Filberts: Create a softer edge than a flat or bright.
- Grass Combs: These brushes are used, as the name suggests, painting the simulation of grass. They are also used to simulate fur and certain types of foliage.
- Liners: Similar to rounds, but with longer hairs. Liners have a large color carrying capacity and makes long, fluid strokes.
- Monogram: For fine detailing.
- Rounds: Smaller sizes are typically used for detail work and larger sizes tend to be used for washes and filling in color.